Thursday, August 9, 2012

San Francisco!!!

I guess I really am a slacker!  It's been two days since we got back and I still haven't posted anything.  Well, our trip ended with two awesome days in the Bay area.  But not before our final worship service at St. Peter.  We thank the Cortrights and all the members of St. Peter Lutheran Church for making it such an enjoyable week!


After church, it was on to San Francisco.  We went straight to Lombard Street, the crookedest street in America.  Then we drove to the Golden Gate Bridge, which we walked across and back.  On the way back, we brought some cheer to the motorists stuck in traffic by smiling, waving, and yelling our greetings.  Surprisingly, we got a positive response from most people.


We ended the day at the Palace of Fine Arts before heading to our hotel in Oakland.


We hung out in the Fisherman's Warf area most of the day on Monday.  Highlights included an awesome acrobatic show (with the craziest laugh I have ever heard), a tour of Alcatraz, and a visit to the saltwater taffy store.  Zach and Tor got to play along with a couple street musicians as well.


Then it was on to the airport and back to DC.  It was a redeye flight, but we only had a couple hours of darkness since our flight was delayed a while.  The captain told us, "We need to replace the brakes.  I think you'll want us to have those when we land at Dulles."  Um, YEAH, we really do!



No comments:

Post a Comment